Pennysaver, Inc is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. The following policy discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for mdpennysaver.com and all related domains of Pennysaver, Inc. The purpose of our policy is to inform you about the types of information we gather about you when you visit this Web Site (www.mdpennysaver.com), information we may receive from our associated newspapers or other affiliated companies, how we may use that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, the information.
Please be aware that our associated newspapers, promotional partners, advertisers, sponsors, affiliated companies, and other third-party Internet sites accessible through this Web Site may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing personally identifiable information through such linked sites.
- Collected or Obtained Information
Anyone under the age of 13 should not provide personally identifiable information through this Web Site. We will not knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without first obtaining verifiable parental consent. If it comes to our attention that an online subscriber or a registered user of this Web Site is under the age of 13, we will remove from our files all personally identifiable information about that person. Please note that this Web Site may link to other web sites that we may maintain, which may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those linked web sites when providing personally identifiable information through such web sites.
- Use of User Information
- Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a customized experience. We will use the information we automatically collect from you to improve the content of this Web Site, to enhance users’ experiences when visiting this Web Site and to customize the content and layout of this Web Site for each individual user. We use information collected from server log files, such as Internet Protocol addresses and domain names, to help diagnose problems with our services, to administer this Web Site and to report and gather aggregate information about site usage and user demographics.
We will use information that you voluntarily provide to us, or you provide to our Affiliates, which such Affiliates then share with us, to respond to any request, contest, promotion, online survey or registration to use this Web Site or the web sites of our Affiliates, to notify you of updates to such web sites, and to advise you of news related to Pennysaver, Inc, our Affiliates, their productions and services or upcoming events.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
When you use this Web Site, or, in some cases, the web sites of our Affiliates, and are asked to provide personal information, you are sharing that information with Pennysaver, Inc. If information from this Web Site is being collected or maintained by any other company, you will be notified prior to the time of the data collection or transfer. If you do not want your information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
You will be given an opportunity to “opt-in” or “opt-out” depending on the nature of the promotion and our promotional partners. If you choose to provide information to the third party via your choice to opt-in or opt-out, we may share your personal information with such promotional partners in order for them to contact you to send you special offers and for other marketing purposes. You can decide not to participate in an advertising program if you do not want your information to be shared.
Promotions and contests that run on this Web Site, or on our Affiliates web sites, may be sponsored by Pennysaver, Inc or other third parties or may be co-sponsored by Pennysaver, Inc and another organization. Some or all information collected during a promotion or contest may be shared with the sponsors of the promotion or contest and the site will offer information accordingly. You can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest if you do not want your information to be shared.
We may share aggregate information regarding the users of this Web Site and our statistical analysis of site usage with third parties, such as advertisers and business partners as well as our Affiliates. We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal proceeding, including without limitation, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
- Accuracy of User Information, Policy Changes and Questions
In order to ensure the accuracy of your personal information, you may contact us in order to access or to change any contact information (for example, your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, user name or password) you have provided to us.
7455 New Ridge Road, Suite Q, Hanover, MD 21076
Attention: Digital Technology Department
- Security of Information
When we collect information from our users, we use a secure server to gather all sensitive user information and employ reasonable security procedures to protect the security and integrity of such information. Due to the nature of electronic communications, however, we cannot assure you that the safeguards that we have put in place will prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, or correctly use the information collected.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving e-mail from us, please follow the removal instructions located at the bottom of each e-mail communication. Alternatively, if at any time you wish to stop receiving mailings from us, please let us know by sending us an email or writing to us at the addresses provided above.
- Cookies & Analytics
We also have implemented and use Google Analytics’ Display Advertising. We have implemented the Remarketing with Google Analytics feature of Google Analytics’ Display Advertising to advertise online. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ads Preferences Manager. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website(s). You also can opt-out of Google Analytics by using Google Analytics’ Opt-out Browser Add-on, which can be found at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Use of Materials
Users may download, print or transmit information from the site subject to the following conditions:
- The appropriate copyright and/or trademark notice must be affixed to each copy downloaded, transmitted or printed;
- Use of materials available from the site must be for personal or informational purposes only and in no instance may be used for commercial purposes;
- Materials available from this site may not be modified in any manner;
- No materials available from this site (including links from pages on other websites) can be used, copied or distributed separate from the accompanying text.
- Classified: Prohibited, Questionable & Infringing Items
Find out if your item is allowed by reviewing the lists below.
As an advertiser on MDPennysaver.com, you are ultimately responsible for making sure that buying or selling your item(s) is legal in the eyes of the law.
If you think you’ve spotted an item on MDPennysaver.com that isn’t allowed, submit an e-mail to our support team. Our customer support team will check the listing in question and when appropriate, remove the ad or warn the advertiser.
- “Prohibited” means that these items may not be listed on MDPennysaver.com under any circumstances.
- “Questionable” means that items may be listed under certain conditions, but you should careful when listing items to follow local law.
- “Potentially Copyright infringement” means that items may be in violation of certain copyrights, trademarks or other rights. For your protection, some items here are not allowed (“prohibited”), regardless of the legality of these particular items, because they almost always violate copyright or trademark laws.
Prohibited items include:
- Alcohol or wine
- Animals and wildlife products
- Catalog and URL sales
- Counterfeit currency and stamps
- Counterfeit items
- Credit cards
- Drugs & drug paraphernalia
- Embargoed goods and goods & services from prohibited countries
- Envelope stuffing
- ” Exotic animals – includes wolves, jackals, foxes, lions, tigers, jaguars, leopards, cougars, cheetahs, bears, hyenas, alligators, crocodiles, caimans, elephants, rhinoceroses, camels, deer, giraffes, hippos, venomous reptiles and amphibians, and snakes that are eight feet or more in length. An animal that is normally domesticated, but that is determined to be wild or feral, shall be considered an exotic animal. Some animals may be subject to review by management.
- Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish.
- Gambling tips or advice, betting methods, including books and videos
- Betting or wagering information
- Government IDs and licenses
- Human parts and remains
- Lock picking devices
- Lottery tickets
- Mature audiences content – this includes any adult entertainment, strippers, escort services, adult books, magazines or other media. This also applies to advertising copy that may be considered sexually suggestive.
- Mailing lists and personal information
- Non-Sporting firearms (This includes all handguns and any firearm with one or more of the following: detachable magazine, folding stock, flash suppressor, bayonet, or pistol grip)
- Offensive material or language
- Pirated media
- Police-related items
- Postage meters
- Prescription drugs and devices
- Psychic hotlines, telephone services or psychic 1-900 or 1-999 numbers
- Pyramid schemes
- Recalled items
- Requests for donations of money or merchandise
- Satellite and cable TV descramblers
- Slot machines
- Stocks and other securities
- Stolen property
- Surrogate mother advertising
- Surveillance equipment
- Tobacco and anything that promotes the use of tobacco
- Weapons and related items (including, but not limited to firearms, magazines and all parts and accessories, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, tear gas, tasers, stun guns, knives, swords, airsoft guns and all accessories, crossbows, archery bows, and martial arts weapons)
- Autographed items
- Catalytic converters and test pipes
- Compilation CDs
- Freon and other refrigerants
- Hazardous materials
- Imported and emission non-compliant vehicles
- International trading – buyers
- International trading – sellers
- Medical devices
- Tickets – Maryland prohibits boxing, wrestling, and kickboxing promoters from allowing the sale of tickets for more than the admission price – This is known as “scalping” and is unacceptable. Check with your local town ordinances.
- Electronics equipment
- Used airbags
- Work from home opportunities
Potentially Infringing (copyright & trademark)
- Academic software
- Beta software
- Bootleg recordings
- Brand name misuse
- Downloadable media
- Faces, names and signatures
- Games software
- Image or description theft
- Importation of goods into the United States
- Misleading titles
- OEM software
- Recordable media
- Replica and counterfeit items
- Promotional items
- Unauthorized copies of any media or software
This list is updated from time to time and is incorporated by reference into the User Agreement. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and do not pertain to any particular company’s practices. When in doubt, check with law enforcement agencies, a lawyer, and the law or with a copyright, trademark or other rights owner for clarification. MDPennysaver.com also has adopted certain policies regarding prohibited items, regardless of the legality of the item.
Ad removal: If we remove your ad early because it violates one of our stated policies, you deserve to be properly informed. Therefore, MDPennysaver.com will notify you via e-mail if your ad has been removed from the site.
Last Update: November 3, 2014